250 ml sugar
2 ml salt
250 ml flour
5 ml baking powder
125 ml apple jelly
37,5 ml boiling water
- Beat the eggs until very creamy (at least 5 to 8 minutes)
- Add the sugar.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased oven dish (see below)
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- Combine the apple jelly and boiling water togeter.
- Mix until the jelly is runny.
- Poke holes into the top of the hot cake using the back of a wooden spoon handle.
- Pour the liquid apple jelly over the entire cake.
- Leave the jelly to seep into the cake.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or custard.
- This makes a delicious dessert!